The Boston University Certificate in Genealogical Research will give you the skills, tools, methodology and practice to expertly use both certain facts and doubt appropriately.
The field of genealogy and genealogical research is becoming more and more popular. The importance of valid genealogical research is also increasing. Separate yourself from the crowd by getting a rigorous education that will give you the credentials and knowledge needed to do your highest quality work.
This 15-week online, non-credit course is taught by an exceptional faculty who are world-renowned for their expertise and contributions to the field. The faculty members each teach different parts of the program so students will be exposed to the entire team. This intimate and supportive learning environment will give you a chance to grow and learn at a comfortable pace.
This program is ideal for those who:
- Want to grow their genealogical skill set for either personal or professional development
- Need to improve their job qualifications
- Would enjoy working with primary source material to come to sound genealogical conclusions
- Have a background in librarianship, archival management, teaching, historical research, law, medicine, biology, or other related fields
- Want the skills to find and evaluate information found online
The Boston University Online Certificate in Genealogical Research consists of five modules:
- Foundations of Genealogical Research
- Problem-Solving Techniques and Technology
- Evidence Evaluation and Documentation
- Forensic Genealogical Research
- Professional Genealogy