We offer payment plan options that are interest free, and break up your tuition into easy monthly payments made automatically from your credit card. Simply select the payment plan option in the Payment Plans section of your shopping cart. Payment plans start at 6 months for the Certificate program and 3 months for the Essentials course, and decrease in number until the enrollment month.
Payment plans are offered by MindMax, a Boston University Partner. These payment plans are not loans, they are simply a way to break up your program payment over a period of time. Therefore, we do not require you to sign any sort of agreement.
Loans are available for our students through Sallie Mae’s Smart Option Student Loan.
Due to the fact that Certificate Programs at Boston University’s Center for Professional Education are non-degree (not for credit), they are not eligible for federal student loans. Therefore, the only educational loan currently available to our students is Sallie Mae’s Smart Option Student Loan. To learn more about this loan and to apply, please visit salliemae.com/bucpe. Please note the school code for Boston University’s Center for Professional Education is 00213099.
Aside from the Sallie Mae option, students seeking loans must work with a bank or credit union directly to obtain a private loan.
|Course||Tuition Range||Sallie Mae||Max Approval
$ Amount by BU
|BU Genealogy Certificate||$2425-$2695||$3,700||$3,700|
|BU Genealogy Essentials||$697-$775||$3,700||$1,000|
Eligibility and Important Details
The Boston University Genealogy Certificate Program and Essentials Course are approved for VA funding.
Funding for U.S. Military Personnel and Veterans
Boston University accepts payments by military personnel through Tuition Assistance and Veterans Benefits.
Active Service members
To enroll in a CPE program through active duty coverage, please:
- Contact your Tuition Assistance (TA) office and request the necessary paperwork.
- Determine the amount of financial assistance that is available to you.
- Fax your TA forms to us 781-394-0404 or email to email@example.com with the subject line “TA Funding for Boston University Certificate in Genealogical Research” for the certificate program, or “TA Funding for Boston University Genealogy Essentials Course” for the essentials course.
TA paperwork must include:
- The total amount of the course/program
- The necessary signatures, as requested on the Request for Tuition Assistance Form (applicant, unit commander or authorized representative, and the education services officer).
- The address where the invoice for the tuition and enrollment fee should be sent. If the military is paying only a portion of the cost of this course/program, please indicate how you would like to pay for the balance. The invoice will be sent from Boston University to the military address noted in the paperwork.
Please note that the institution/school should be noted as “Boston University.”
Once we receive the completed TA paperwork and invoicing confirmation, we will register and enroll you in the course and/or program you’ve selected. You will receive an email notification upon enrollment.
If you have sufficient credits available in your GI fund, you may register for either the Certificate program or the Essentials course.
To enroll in the program and receive reimbursement through the GI Bill, please:
- Fill out the proper paperwork (VA 22-1990) with the government and send it to the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can find and print out the form (VA 22-1990) for the VA office here.
- Fax your VA 22-1990 form to us at 617-353-4494 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GI Bill for Boston University Certificate in Genealogical Research” for the certificate program, or “GI Bill for Boston University Genealogy Essentials Course” for the essentials course.
- Contact Boston University’s Center for Professional Education at 866-633-9370 to enroll in the program. Depending on which benefit you’re using, full or partial payment may be due at this time. BU will then email you the VA registration and disclaimer form.
- Complete and submit these forms to complete your enrollment.
Boston University will then send your VA paperwork and order confirmation to the VA to be processed. The VA may reimburse student fees. Please note that Boston University is not eligible for the V-RAP program.
If you need additional assistance, please call the VA toll-free number 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to speak with a Veterans Benefits Counselor.