Melinde Lutz Byrne
Director of the Genealogical Research Program
Instructor, Forensic Research
- Fellow and former President, American Society of Genealogists
- Author and editor
- National lecturer
- Editor, New Hampshire Genealogical Record
- Vice President, Massachusetts Genealogical Council
- Co-editor, National Genealogical Society Quarterly
- Cultural anthropologist and archivist
- Donald Lines Jacobus Award Winner
- CEO, The Graceful Companies
Instructor, Foundations of Genealogical Research
- Holds the credential of Certified Genealogist? from the Board for Certification of Genealogists®
- Past president, Board for Certification of Genealogists®
- Former Director, National Genealogical Society
- Recipient of 2010 National Genealogical Society’s President’s Citation
- Master’s degree in Education
- Working professional genealogist
- Author and lecturer
Instructor, Evidence Evaluation and Documentation
- Former Latin instructor
- Secretary and Archivist, Massachusetts Genealogical Council
- Volunteer, writing finding aids for manuscript collections, New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Regional lecturer
- Mentor, GenProof Study Groups
- Content developer, Genealogical Research Certificate Program and Genealogical Essentials course, Boston University
- Teacher’s Certificate, University of Michigan School of Education
- Certificate, Genealogical Research Certificate Program, Boston University
- BA and MA in Latin, University of Michigan
Instructor, Problem Solving Techniques and Technology
- Modern records research expert
- Technology specialist; online research
- Grader, National Genealogical Society’s Home Study Course
- Program Director, NERGC 2011
- FGS Ancestors Road Show co-chair
- BA in History, University of Southern Maine
- BA in Russian Studies, University of Southern Maine
- MA in American and New England Studies, University of Southern Maine
Instructor, Professional Genealogy
- Teaching in the Online Genealogical Research, Professional Genealogy module, since 2012.
- Since 2002, Michael has been a full-time forensic genealogist, author, lecturer and expert witness specializing in estate and real estate research.
- Holds the credential of Certified Genealogist? from the Board for Certification of Genealogists®.
- He has served as a Trustee of the Board for Certification of Genealogists® (BCG) since 2010 and has been an Officer since 2012.
- Served on the BCG’s Genealogy Standards Committee in 2013 that resulted in the complete revision of the industry’s standards published in 2014.
- He brings a breadth of legal knowledge based upon his 25-year law practice that included civil litigation, contracts, wills, estates, trusts and elder law.
- Has taught numerous forensic genealogy courses at genealogy conferences and institutes around the country.