Payment plans are offered by MindMax, a Boston University partner. These payment plans are not loans; they are simply a way to break up your program payment over a period of time. Therefore, we do not require you to sign any sort of agreement. Simply select the “payment plan option” in the Payment Plans section of your shopping cart, and a pro-rated amount will be automatically deducted from your credit card.
Students may qualify for alternative funding sources including loans and funding through affiliation with the US Military. Students who qualify for alternative funding options should contact Boston University for assistance by calling 617-353-4497 or by emailing email@example.com.
The Center for Professional Education offers non-degree certificate programs, and our students are not eligible for federal student loans or deferments on existing student loans. Currently, the only educational loan available to CPE’s non-credit students is Sallie Mae’s Smart Option Student Loan with a private loan from a bank/credit union. To learn more about the Sallie Mae “Smart Option Student Loan for Undergraduate Students” education loan and to apply, please visit salliemae.com/bucpe. Follow these steps to complete the online application.
- Read through the information regarding the Smart Option Student Loan and the conditions for repayment.
- Complete the application.
- The correct school code for CPE is 00213099. You must use the correct code for “Boston University Center for Professional Education 00213099” to avoid delays.
- Select “Certificate” for Degree/Certificate of Study.
- Select “Continuing Education” for Major/Specialty.
- Select “Less Than Half Time” for Enrollment Status.
- Select “Certificate/Continuing Ed” for Grade Level.
- Complete the date information.
- Complete the funding information.
Enrollment is not guaranteed without payment or confirmation that a loan has been approved and will be disbursed.
|Course||Tuition||Sallie Mae||Max Approval
$ Amount by BU
|BU Certificate in Genealogical Research||$2,695||$2,695||$2,695|
|BU Genealogical Essentials Course||$775||$775||$775|
VA students must contact CPE for all payment and registration information at 617-353-4497 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility and Important Details
The program is approved for VA funding but books and other promotional materials are not. Please speak with your VA representative to find out if your GI Bill includes a book stipend. More details about this funding option are below.
Funding for U.S. Military Personnel, Veterans, and Dependent Family Members
Boston University accepts payments by military personnel through Tuition Assistance and Veterans Benefits.
To enroll in a Boston University Center for Professional Education program through active duty coverage, please:
- Contact your Tuition Assistance (TA) office and request the necessary paperwork.
- Determine the amount of financial assistance that is available to you.
- Fax your TA forms to us 781-394-0404 or email to email@example.com with the subject line “TA Funding for Boston University Genealogical Research Programs.”
TA paperwork must include:
- The total amount of the course/program.
- The necessary signatures, as required on the Request for Tuition Assistance Form (applicant, unit commander or authorized representative, and the education services officer).
- TThe address where the invoice for the tuition and enrollment fee should be sent. If the military is paying only a portion of the cost of this course/program, please indicate how you would like to pay for the balance. The invoice will be sent from Boston University to the military address noted in the paperwork.
Please note that the institution/school should be “Boston University.”
Once we receive the completed TA paperwork and invoicing confirmation, we will register and enroll you in the course and/or program you’ve selected. You will receive an email notification upon enrollment.
If you have sufficient credits available in your GI fund, you may register for the Program using these funds.
To enroll in the program and receive reimbursement through the GI Bill, please follow these steps to ensure you are in compliance with the GI Bill requirements for usage:
- Fill out the proper paperwork (VA 22-1990) with the government and send it to the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can find and print out the form (VA 22-1990) for the VA office here. Enter 22-1990 into the search bar at the top of the webpage.
- Fax your VA 22-1990 form to us at 617-353-4494 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line GI Bill for Boston University Genealogical Research Programs.
- Contact Boston University’s Center for Professional Education at 617-353-4497 to enroll in the program. Depending on which benefit you’re using, full or partial payment may be due at this time. BU will then email you the VA registration and disclaimer form.
- Complete and submit these forms to complete your enrollment.
Boston University will send your VA paperwork and order confirmation to the VA to be processed. The VA may reimburse student fees. Please note that Boston University is not eligible for the V-RAP program.
If you need additional assistance, please call the VA toll-free number 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to speak with a Veterans Benefits Counselor.
MyCAA– US Military Dependents
Dependents may qualify for funding assistance with MyCAA. Information about this funding option can be obtained from a military education counselor.