Genealogical Principles Course
Length of course: 7 weeks
Next session begins: July 5, 2023
Ideal for enthusiasts seeking to hone their research skills, this course is also an excellent first step toward our certificate program.
- Define terms and understand best practices
- Use public records and optimize searches
- Follow the Genealogical Proof Standard
- 10-16 hours per week
Certificate in Genealogical Research
Length of course: 15 weeks
Next session begins: Sept. 5, 2023
Whether you are an experienced amateur, a budding professional, or an expert working toward BCG® certification, this rigorous program will help you take your genealogical work to the next level.
- Increase the professionalism of your research
- Get information and records faster
- Deliver more accurate findings
- 20-30 hours per week
|Boston University’s genealogy courses are asynchronous, meaning classes do not meet at a scheduled time. Rather, you will learn and access course materials on your own schedule, while maintaining the pace of the course, offering you greater learning flexibility.|
Choose from two unique courses that combine the convenience of online learning with expert instruction to help you gain skills to set you apart in this growing field. Work with noted Boston University instructors, including Certified Genealogists and practicing professionals in the genealogy field.
Both online programs offer:
- Flexible online format that lets you learn from any location
- Supportive learning environment
- Opportunities to meet peers and expand your professional network
- Affordable pricing and payment options
View the recorded webinar with Program Director and professional genealogist, Melissa Johnson, CG as she answers questions from the live audience pertaining to BU’s two courses and shares tips on practicing genealogy research at home.
To learn more, contact an Enrollment Advisor at 617-502-8822 or complete the form below.